Hello and Welcome

to Crafti-n-Est...My place to share my love of craft with you.
Please browse my Posts, Pictures and ocasional waffle!!!
Email: egundry@warrington.ac.uk

Sunday 15 April 2012

"Back to work Monday" Eve...

So I have all those feelings usually associated with the Eve of "back to work after two weeks off" however my back to work week starts with me running an all day workshop tomorrow at My Paper Warehouse which I'm really looking forward to, catching up with my lake district ladies and getting inky and messy with paint.

I have a pretty easy term this term too, I'm teaching seven classes a week which means pace of life can slow down slightly and I can concentrate a bit more on class preparation and demo and workshop samples, I've started doing a few freelance demos and my first one is this Saturday in Wigan at the fabulous Card-io


Here I will be demonstrating Marianne Creatables with the Big Shot alongside Embossing folders and Distress Ink techniques...I have a feeling I'm going to be going home with inky fingers, it's been a while since I was at Card-io I think it was the end of last year so will be nice to catch up with the crafty bunch there.

I found Hel's Sheridans's blog last week and took part in her Sunday Stamper, remember my little orange tag that then got turned into a canvas wall hanging...well this weeks challenge is...MEN...!!!

Most crafters struggle with crafting for men unless we work around hobbies and interests so this really was a challenge for me, but once I unpacked my case...that was already packed for my workshop tomorrow...got out my Tim Holtz supplies I created this...


Its a 12x12cm canvas board that i created by covering a piece of grey board with some canvas (from a roll) painted with buff titanium acrylic paint, distressed the edges with brushed corduroy...for a change.. and then applied the ink through a piece of punchinella to create the circles, stamped the background with Tim Holtz alphabet stamp and added some distressed stamped images, a piece of hessian, some corrugated card and some Brads and bits...I quite like it...I am seriously thinking I need a colour palette change and am challenging myself to avoid brown for the rest of the week!!!

Also created a girly version...Using my tattered flowers die again and cutting from calico and hessian, calico was dyed with distress ink and stamped, butterflies were glossed with glossy accents, the flower centre brads were all originally pink and I've rubbed them with embossing ink, applied old gold embossing powder and heat set, whilst still hot dipped back into the embossing powder and heat set again...voila pink no more...


I much prefer flowers and butterflies!!!

Off to create a masterpiece in the kitchen courtesy of an Asda Extra tasty chicken and some Aunt bessies....I will however be making my own roasties!!!

Take care
Love
Est xx
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Bleugh! Still at least you start your week well and those two pieces are beautiful! Must say I prefer your girly version! Have fun! Hugs, Chrisx

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous.. both of them... can't decide which I like best so I will have them both lmao Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Rita said...

Hello Est, like you I struggle a bit with male cards. Your canvases are both lovely ,but the girly one is gorgeous. Hugs Rita xx

Redanne said...

Hi Est, both your creations are gorgeous and I would really struggle to choose, even though butterflies are my most favourite things.