I'm not back in work for a week and today I've been lesson planning!!!
Those who know me well know that I work better under pressure, at the last minute, by the skin of my teeth so it's very unlike me to have all my classes for next term planned and some of them prepped too, maybe it's a new me!!!
I did have a mild panic attack earlier, I've managed to loose/misplace/throw away...not sure which yet...all my lesson samples for my jewellery making classes, so had to remake all of those...yep five weeks worth of classes, I'm so hoping they don't show up in an obvious place because it took me about four hours to recreate them all!!!
So all organised, I'm off to Manchester tomorrow to buy class materials...yep I've even wrote a shopping list and I might need a little sneaky peak in Primark too...I really need some new jeans...honest I do and maybe some new shoes too!!!
Okay I've got the challenge bug back after taking part in Hels Sheridan's stamping challenge yesterday, my little tag got turned into this last night...
I used the same distress ink (spiced marmalade and fired brick) on a canvas board added the same stamps (script and floral swirl) to create a background, edged it all in black soot and die cut some more calico tattered flowers and some swirls...I like this a lot...
...and then I found this site..
...Simon says stamp and show...
And the challenge is only a Tim Holtz technique...right up my street...so made this...
It's an 8x8 inch canvas, I've painted the base with buff titanium acrylic paint, applied brushed corduroy distress ink through punchinella, and then directly to canvas...to distress, added a script stamp all over the background and then a floral swirl to the edges and highlighted with a little gold acrylic paint, I've die cut the bird, cage and some swirls and distressed then added more gold paint, the flowers are all cut from calico and dyed using brushed corduroy and frayed burlap, the stamped images have all been stamped onto card that I've "swooshed" in ink and then dried and dabbed into the ink spots again, and then cut out, added some punched distressed butterflies to finish...I like this quite a lot and think it will be heading for my bedroom wall.
I'm liking these challenges...it's like a little boost for your mojo!!!
Off now to wash the purple dye off my ears...nothing to do with distress inks this time!!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad