Hello and Welcome

to Crafti-n-Est...My place to share my love of craft with you.
Please browse my Posts, Pictures and ocasional waffle!!!
Email: egundry@warrington.ac.uk

Wednesday 26 August 2009

Bead-Dazzled...

Had the day off work last Wednesday, was supposed to have the day off today too but spent most of it working to some degree, and finally found The Bead shop in Afflecks Palace...oh my god I walked in and was like a kid in a sweet shop...the shop is beautiful, quirky and vintage in design and the choice of beads is incredible, I am not sure I have seen so many different varieties of beautiful bling all in one place...look what came home with me...

Beautiful Indian Lampwork beads...



Stunning Kashmere and frosted glass beads...and check out those little dice...



Of course I have not made anything with them yet, I have them sat on the most beautiful cut glass cake stand, that my friend gave to me today, and keep getting them out to gaze at their beauty, then carefully put them back in their little bags...I know I am sad!!!

Although I have every right to be, it has been a sad day, today I picked up the uniforms that had to be ordered from the school...Ella in a Blazer going to High School and me £75 quid poorer...yep a Blazer each for her and Harry, a tie each and two shirts each...when I think how many beads I could have bought with that much money!!!

Made these ear rings last week for one of my classes, actually took my students over two hours to make these but a few techniques involved there and they are very pretty.



And have just completed this layout of a photograph I took of Mia last year, this is for my scrapbooking class tomorrow...



Got three classes tomorrow, two classes on Friday and then its a Bank Holiday Weekend...oh yeah, three whole days off where I can lay in bed and slob about...hmmm if only...!!!

Off now to pour myself a nice glass of the cold stuff!!!

No comments: