Hello and Welcome

to Crafti-n-Est...My place to share my love of craft with you.
Please browse my Posts, Pictures and ocasional waffle!!!
Email: egundry@warrington.ac.uk

Saturday 12 February 2011

Vintage...

...No I am not talking about wine...

I spent the day working for the college today at a Vintage Fair in Warrington Market, for those who don`t know Warrington Market is an indoor market and open daily and historians have discovered that the market has been around for approximately 750 years, luckily its pretty up to date now, apart from the vintage pretties that were displayed today...there were handcrafted goods and beautiful little items that i remembered my Nan owning when i was a little girl, if I had known how vintage her dressing table set would be now I would have carefully had it wrapped in tissue paper, I remember sitting for hours brushing my hair with the brush and holding the mirror up to check my "auburn" shine...anyway I was promoting the college courses that we have starting at the beginning of march and I had a really good day and even met Laurel and Hardy...obviously not the real ones but some pretty good lookalikes, I love how diverse my job can be.

I also chatted with some of the stall holders...set out a bit like a craft fair...obviously being crafty I like to chat to fellow artisans and there were some very talented individuals displaying their beautiful little pieces, I particularly fell in love with Vintage Twee...beautiful shabby chic stall directly opposite our stand which meant lots of lovely eye candy...go check out her beautiful site here

Been having a bit of a play with my sexy Swarovskis and fabulous findings...and this is what I have been creating...

Acrylic leaves and flowers, crystals and Swarovski...



With matching necklace...



Turquoise...my favourite colour in the whole world...Pearls, Fire Polished Crystals and Swarovski...



And a bit of fun...bought these little birdcages at the Gmex last week and added one to a ribbon and cord necklace with some Pearls, Charms, Acrylic flowers and leaves and Swarovski...



Just realised that is quite a lot of jewellery I have created lately...hmm maybe I need a day of scrapbooking tomorrow...yes that sounds like a plan, especially as I don`t have to do any lesson planning, I am off most of half term...Woo hoo...lie ins planned!!!

Off now to plan some layouts and sip some wine!!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog...and it was great to see you too today. I can second that about Vintage Twee - she has some fabulous ideas and designs!

See you soon xx

Wendy said...

I popped back to award you a Stylish Blogger Award! Please visit my blog at www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog for more info!
Wendy x