Hello and Welcome

to Crafti-n-Est...My place to share my love of craft with you.
Please browse my Posts, Pictures and ocasional waffle!!!
Email: egundry@warrington.ac.uk

Sunday 13 February 2011

Scrapbook Magic...

...Thats the feeling I get when one of the kids looks at one of my layout or flicks through an album and smiles or makes a comment...pure magic!!!

That`s the reason I scrapbook, well that and Basic Grey :-), to be able to preserve memories and not just of special occassions but of normal everyday moments, that walk in the park or the fact that now my 15 year old son is taller than me he is now able to give me a piggy back, not momentous moments but those I wouldn`t ever want to forget.

I was working in a care home this morning where some of the residents suffer with various forms of memory loss and dementia, I had one of my scrapbooks with me of me and my kids, and was showing it to them, the joy it bought to their faces was just incredible, whether it tapped into memories they had forgotton or moments they remembered I don`t know but just to see the light shining in their eyes as they smiled...that was magic.

Scrapbooking is good....

And on that note here are two layouts I completed Sunday...

This is the first 12x12 layout I have done for a while and I really like it...



and an 8x8 layout in my favourite colour scheme...needs something else though...



Will have to re-think that one tomorrow...

And using the leftovers from the above layout I created this which is currently sitting on top of my microwave in the kitchen...



And now I am seriously considering hitting the quilt, even though its only 7.30pm my little peeps are struggling.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi, new follower here. Am really enjoying reading your posts x